Operations Support Specialist
TriSept has an immediate opening for a full-time Operations Support Specialist. This position is located in Tampa, FL. Occasional Travel may be required to support customer initiatives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor, oversee, and verify accuracy of Transmission Plans and satellite line-ups.
- Monitor communications status for all task orders
- Coordinate anomalies and Electro-magnetic Interference (EMI) reporting, tracking, and resolution and compile a weekly summaries of outages from all sources
- Maintain and disseminate global situational awareness for COMSATCOM
- Create, submit and update trouble tickets into the DISA Trouble Management System (TMS) for all outages
- Identify constraints and tradeoffs needed to make transponder capacity available to support other requirements and to ensure maximum operational support for Warfighter requirements, efficient utilization of leased capacity, and responsiveness.
- Assist the Government in processing SATCOM Access Request (SAR) to authorize access to and the use of space and ground terminal resources via the SATCOM Access Authorization (SAA).
- Provide recommendations and assist the Government in policy and procedure review, evaluation and development
- Prepare white papers, technical reports, briefings, studies, and records of proceedings (i.e., meeting minutes)
- Assist in developing and conducting staff training to support contracts implementation
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in satellite communications. Experience with commercial satellite communications preferred.
- Ability to multi-task with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with specific time constraints.
- Ability to use individual quantitative analytical capabilities to solve problems and complete analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Able to work with and appropriately protect classified and proprietary information.
- Strong organization skills
- As position requires extensive direct client contact, excellent attention to detail and communication skills are a must.
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen and will be required to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.